Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Abby's Version of Breakfast!

This post is for my own documentation purposes, and one day, many years from now, when Abby calls me complaining about her daughter that won't eat, etc. I will have this to show her and tell her about! haha!

So, here it is...Abby's version of breakfast!

***Wake up before 7am, but refuse to speak about or eat breakfast until, AT LEAST, 8am!
***Finally, around 8 or so decide that she will eat something, requests waffle and bacon!
***Sit at the table sipping on her milk and still refusing to eat for about 20min.
***Finally, take a few bites of bacon, chew them for five minutes, then spit them back out on the plate.
***Decide that she is DONE eating and refuse to take another bite.

Exhibit A!

Now, I used to stress over this, since it is her health and nutrition we are talking about here, but now that she is old enough to tell me when she is hungry and she can get her own snacks, etc. I don't fret as much. Sure, some days I fight the fight and make her eat, but some days I don't have it in me and as long as I get a granola bar and some yogurt in her by 11am, then I consider that a succesful breakfast. (sigh) Lunch and dinner USUALLY fare much better, just depends on the day and the mood. But, eating battles are nothing new around here, we have been dealing with it since she was a baby, and it's actually 100 times better than it used to be. I know I drive people crazy with how anal I am about what she eats, not wanting her to have any junk, etc. but when you have a kid that eats like her, you have to make sure every bite is healthy and counts. Thankfully, we have some foods that she will always eat, and on the worst days, I can always fall back on those: cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, yogurt and pizza! (and, I guess I can't fully blame her for the breakfast thing, I have NEVER liked breakfast...to this day I make myself eat a little something because I know it's good for me, but I still don't like it. I remember my Mom making me eat, at least, a slice of toast on the way to school each morning and I hated it, I would pick the crust off, etc.-ha!)

No comments:

About Me

Welcome to our life! :) Our life seems to be a constant 3 ring circus these days, but we have a lot of fun, laugh a lot and enjoy every minute of it (okay...almost every minute-haha!) Scott and I have been married for almost 9 years, and we are the parents of 2 amazing daughters, and another little one on the way. This blog is a way to keep in touch with family and friends. It also serves as a 'year book' of sorts for our family. Enjoy!!