Friday, July 11, 2008

A Day in the Life.....

We had a very busy day today...first was my Dr. appt. (where Abby proudly told a room full of strangers, thankfully all women that seeemed to understand) all about poopy, pee and where Mommy's boobies are! Ahhh, I just LOVE this age, don't you??? Everyone was dying laughing, while I am trying to explain to her what we don't talk about in public. So, now it's REALLY funny to her and she wants to talk about it even more. SUPER! Anyways....

Olivia Update-I am going on 32 weeks! Can you believe it? Everything looks GREAT! The nurse even commented that most of their pregnant patients would hate me, because I have not had any swelling in this heat. I am just lucky...we still have 8 weeks (or more, if she is late like Miss Abby was). I could easily bloat up tomorrow! haha! She also said that she 'is head down and ready!' WHAT!? She better not be too ready, because I'm not! We will be gone the next 2 weekends, we still need to finish her room, and she needs to cook in there for a good while longer. I also got my kick count papers, delivery papers/instructions, cord blood papers and I have to pre-register in a week or two. She will be here before we know it. I remember how exciting and new this all was with Abby, and while it's still exciting, this time around it just generates fear and stress more than anything. haha!

***After the appointment, it was off to the party!! Details of that are already posted! BUT, I have to add that as we were leaving, Vanessa said Abby could have a balloon! YAY! Abby was thrilled, yet managed to pop 2 before we could get in the car, so by the time we left, we were on our third balloon and Abby was quite attached to it. It even had to go to lunch with us, etc. This is important for what I am about to share. So, after Dr. appt, party and lunch, we had one more stop to make. We needed to pick some things up for someone special. So, we headed to Hart Grocery, and.....

***We got to Hart to get the 'goods!' It's an upscale grocery with a real nice florist, etc. We get in there and they didn't have exaclty what I was looking for for this special person;-), so we picked some beautiful balloons. We had our nice balloon bouquet and went to pick out some card. We are standing there and....BOOM!! Huge Mylar balloons just burst everywhere. It sounded like gun shots. And, I didn't know it, but the inside of those balloons are sticky, so I am covered. As we make our way over to purchase our SECOND balloon bouquet in 5min. Abby grabs a ceramic piggy bank from a display in the florist and....DROPS IT!....it shatters EVERYWHERE! I pick up the pieces of the $27.00 shattered piggy bank I am about to purchase and keep on my way to get the balloons. At this point, this trip is about to cost me $50.-hahaha! The SUPER nice florist comes out to see what all the commotion is about and there we stand with our busted balloons and shattered piggy bank. She replaced the balloons for free and was like, 'oh, did that get nudged off the shelf!?' (wink, wink!) I just say, 'yeah, with some help!'-haha! She took it from my cart and threw it away! She was so nice. She could tell I was about to explode and she was like, 'it's okay mom, it happens to all of us!' and she was so sweet. So, we get our new balloons and finally get out of there. I get them in the car, make sure they are secure and go to put Abby in the car, and there goes her damn balloon from the party (the one that is now her most prized possession on Earth), blowing across the parking lot. She loses it...'my balloon, get my balloon!' I can't leave her sitting there in the cart, so here we go...me pushing her in the cart, running through the parking lot after this balloon. I finally get it, and by this time I am sweating like a pig. We get back to the car and get on our way....FINALLY! I look back and Abby says, 'I'm really hot!', takes her ENTIRE bottle of water and dumps it on herself! WHAT!? We JUST put in her new carseat a few days ago. So, she has to ride the 30min. home soaked (not to mention the stop we had to make, because she unlatched the new car seat, too), thank goodness it was only water. We finally get home, she is running around naked and pees on my floor...TWICE! haha! At that point I threw in the towel on this day and had Scott go get Mexican for dinner! Is it 8pm YET!? hahaha!

I would like to say this isn't a typical day for us, but....it is! hahaha! Never a dull moment, and I wouldn't change it for the world, but my goodness, what am I going to do with 2 of them! AAAAHHHHH!!!-hahaha!

2 comments:

Wickenkamp Family said...

I am laughing so hard, I am about to pee my pants. That is HILARIOUS. I wish I could say it was easier with too, but you know I would be lying! LOL I love these days, it doesn't get any better than that!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

this is the day on the life when it comes to living with a two-year-old! i feel your pain girl! although, this story made me laugh out loud!

About Me

Welcome to our life! :) Our life seems to be a constant 3 ring circus these days, but we have a lot of fun, laugh a lot and enjoy every minute of it (okay...almost every minute-haha!) Scott and I have been married for almost 9 years, and we are the parents of 2 amazing daughters, and another little one on the way. This blog is a way to keep in touch with family and friends. It also serves as a 'year book' of sorts for our family. Enjoy!!