Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rainy Day!

What to do on a rainy day?? Arts and crafts, of course! :)

Abby and Nanny collected some pine cones, so we painted them today.
Very nice, Abby! :)

And, Olivia...being Olivia! haha! This is the GOOFIEST child I have ever seen. It is so crazy how different she is from Abby. Abby was and is always so cautious, makes sure every situation is to her liking before proceeding-ha!, never has or did put anything in her mouth, chew on things, etc. Olivia, on the other hand, is OUT OF CONTROL! She is into EVERYTHING, everything goes straight into her mouth. She tries to steal all our food, drink, anything we are holding. She is fast and just goes! We had to drop her crib to almost the lowest level, because it was just a matter of time before she got out. Abby never climed out of her crib, and I think Olivia will be attempting it before she's 1! haha! She is just so silly and fun. She's going to be one of those people whose life is a party everyday! I just love it. She acts so much like my sister, and that is a VERY VERY good thing! :) I would have it no other way! She will crawl/scoot onto her Boppy and flip on her back so she can hang upside down over it...that is her favorite thing to do these days! ha!

Abby isn't in preschool, yet. For one, she is a Decemeber baby, so she still has 2 full years before she starts Kindergarten, and she is involved in so many other activites, we just haven't been in a hurry to start her, yet. However, I try to make sure we do lots of learning activities. Nothing big, just activities that we work into our day. Yesterday, we learned about mixing colors to make other colors. She loved it. Her favorite was yellow and blue make green. I think she used the entire bottle of blue and yellow paint.

***Funny Abby story: We have also been working on opposites. The other day we were at the park and she took off, then turned around to me and said, 'come on, Mom....I am fast and you are slow!' haha! Thanks, Abby.
This picture cracks me up. I have seen pictures of Scott as a baby with this EXACT look on his face! haha!
Silly girl! She is so sweet, too. If we say, 'awwww, Sweet Baby!' she will lay her little head down on us and love on us. A couple of times she has even laid her head on me and said, 'awwww' herself. She is babbling ma-ma-ma, and da-da-da now. And, I know I am crazy, but I swear she has tried and come close to saying Abby and few times. Wouldn't surprise me, as she is SO in love with her big sister and I am sure she hears that word 1billion times a day..ha!
And, another Abby story, while I am thinking of it:
***We were at my in-laws this past weekend and Goggy, Scott's Dad, and Abby were picking little holly berries and throwing them at each other, etc. Well, she came over and told everyone, 'Goggy threw those apples at my head....I am going to knock that boy into tomorrow!' haha!

No comments:

About Me

Welcome to our life! :) Our life seems to be a constant 3 ring circus these days, but we have a lot of fun, laugh a lot and enjoy every minute of it (okay...almost every minute-haha!) Scott and I have been married for almost 9 years, and we are the parents of 2 amazing daughters, and another little one on the way. This blog is a way to keep in touch with family and friends. It also serves as a 'year book' of sorts for our family. Enjoy!!