Monday, March 30, 2009

123!

**That is how many miles I have ran since starting my training a little over 2 mo. ago. I added it up last night and couldn't believe it. If I never run another mile in my life, I would be happy about that-ha! But, I still have 3 weeks of training left until my Mini on April 19! So, there will be many more miles in my future...I hope, anyways! I had to offically retire my super-duper tennis shoes today and order a new pair. I can't wait to get them and break them in...I am sure they will make me SUPER fast! hahaha! (yeah, right!)

**I also ran my first ever REAL race Saturday morning. I ran track for a few years in middle school/high school and I participated in charity run/walks over the years, but this was the first race that I trained for and set out to RUN...for a time! I was scheduled to run a 10K, but once I saw the weather, I decided 5K would be good enough..ha! It was pouring rain and freezing cold, but I LOVED it. Now I know why running is so addicting. It sure isn't because it's 'fun,' at least not in my opinion..haha! However, I loved everything about the race. I love a good challenge and running is NOT something that I am naturally good at, so this has all been a big challenge for me. I like to try something, master it and move on, but running is not at all like that. I think I could run for the rest of my life and never be a 'runner!' Anyways, I was pleased with how I did. I knew I was hanging around the middle of the pack, and that was my goal. We got our results in yesterday and I finished 55th over all, and 22nd over all for the women. There were about 140 people running the 5K, so I will happily take that! :) The winner was a high schooler that finished in 16 min!!! HOLY COW! That's insanity to me! haha! For those of you familiar with the area, the winner was LEAVING Horner Park as I was entering....hahaha!

5 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

GREAT JOB!! i have never considered myself a "runner" either! i have a good friend that is a runner that i run with a lot but he looks like a runner, ya' know! i know that you mean about the park thing....people are always leaving iriquois (sp?) park while we are entering. oh well! it's still such a good feeling! i love the races!! such a cool atmosphere! what until you do a big race with all the people! i am excited for you to do your mini. mine will be the weekend after yours. do you have a goal time in mind?

The Harris Family said...

Way to go, Annie! I desperately need to start running again now that the weather is nice. But I know how you feel...I'm not one of those that feels like running is "fun", either!

Dawna said...

Make sure you break in your shoes before the race. My sister-in-law bought new shoes before the mini and had blisters on her feet before the race was half over.

Wickenkamp Family said...

WAY TO GO!!!!

The Utz Family said...

THAT'S GREAT!! I wish I was that committed, I hate to run, the asthma part does not help either! ( I hope that is one thing Hannah does not get from me!!) It sounds like you are right on track for the big day!! Good Luck!! :)

About Me

Welcome to our life! :) Our life seems to be a constant 3 ring circus these days, but we have a lot of fun, laugh a lot and enjoy every minute of it (okay...almost every minute-haha!) Scott and I have been married for almost 9 years, and we are the parents of 2 amazing daughters, and another little one on the way. This blog is a way to keep in touch with family and friends. It also serves as a 'year book' of sorts for our family. Enjoy!!