Friday, March 13, 2009

Our little gymnast!

So, a year ago we had Abby enrolled in Little Gym. For those of you familiar with Little Gym, it's basically a VERY early introduction to tumbling, etc. and it's more for the kids to get out and socialize than anything else. Well, I knew when Abby was the only 2yr. old in class that was flipping HERSELF over the bars, and doing handstands on the balance beam that we might have little natural gymnast on our hands. We didn't enroll in any more gym classes because we were busy moving, having Olivia, I wanted her to try dance, etc. Now that I am working at a gym, I decided to see if she was ready to start some real gymnastics classes. Today was open gym and let me tell you, it was like the mother land calling her home. haha! We walked in and she was GONE! 2hrs. later I had to pry her off of the equipment. Needless to say, she starts gymnastics March 26. She is SO excited. She will be with a GREAT coach, and I am really interested to see how she does. I know she's only 3, but they will start teaching them basic skills.


BIG leap from one mat to the other! Go, Abby!
Tumble tramp!

Some balance beam!

Showing some flips, head stands, etc.

D-I-V-A! ha! :)

Hopefully, I can get some more REAL action shots next time. I spent most of the time chasing her around, making sure she didn't break any bones. ha! She has ZERO fear when it comes to this stuff. I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. eeekkk!

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

it is so funny how she and sam are so alike but in their own way. we were busy with baseball stuff tonight and you were tumbling but they were both full force! he is such a boy and she is such a girl! so fun!!

SarahLeemans said...

AAAHHH Love the pics!! She's a natural!!!!!

The Utz Family said...

Looks like Abby will be just like her mommy! I hope she loves every minute of it! You too!!

About Me

Welcome to our life! :) Our life seems to be a constant 3 ring circus these days, but we have a lot of fun, laugh a lot and enjoy every minute of it (okay...almost every minute-haha!) Scott and I have been married for almost 9 years, and we are the parents of 2 amazing daughters, and another little one on the way. This blog is a way to keep in touch with family and friends. It also serves as a 'year book' of sorts for our family. Enjoy!!