Thursday, June 30, 2011
Food, Work, and other radom thoughts!
Yeah, I will go ahead and apologize now. This is not going to be a post overflowing with darling pictures of my girls! So scroll back up and check them out in all of their summer time cuteness! :)
First off....I missed a Blog Off about favorite foods, so I am going to knock that out first. It really all depends on my mood, but here are a few things that I can always eat, no matter what!
1. Chips and Dip...me and queso go together like peanut butter and jelly! ha! Seriously, I LOVE cheese dip and chips. I try not to eat it too much, since it isn't exactly good for me, but I can NOT go home without getting queso from Tumbleweed and I will never turn it away if offered! :)
2. Popcorn...Ironic since my high school 'sweetheart' was Cousin Willie's son and I got lots of free popcorn over the years, but I loved popcorn long before that! ha! Ever since I was a little girl, if I am sick, popcorn is the only thing I can eat. Weird, I know, but it's true!
3. Seafood. Not always a popular choice amongst the masses, but I always get salmon when we go out to eat, I LOVE crab legs and lobster and shrimp BUT, I do NOT like seafood fried! I am sort of a seafood brat, I guess, huh!? ha!
4. I don't really like chocolate, cookies or ice cream all that much but if I can find a good dessert that I love, I can destroy it. I do like chocolate chip cookies and other chocolate things, when in the mood. But, I can never go wrong with a slice of white cake with white icing. Oh, I am craving it now just thinking about it.
BORING, I know! I am a creature of habit and I don't experiment much with food. I eat what I like and I have always liked the same things, basically. I have the same coffee drink and usually a bowl of cheerios every morning, I eat a banana almost every day, I eat the same granola bar every day, I could eat rice with a little salsa on it for dinner every night and be just fine. I could eat the same meal 20 times in a row and not tire of it. I am just weird like that, what can I say!? ha!
***Now on to something big that's happening around here...I am going to put this out here now, because there is a chance I will making my blog private, and this is why. (And, if I do make it private, all you have to do is send me your email and I can add you to the reader list.) I don't really want to do that, but I am still thinking about it because....Scott is deploying for work for 120 days!! Yep, 120 consecutive days, 120 days of me being a single Mom, stuck in a state with no family to help out, BUT...I am not thinking about any of that because I know we will be fine, I will be fine, I will NOT lose my mind (do you see what I have been chanting to myself over and over-haha!) And, in all seriousness, I know that it will go so quickly for us and I know military families do it for much longer (and, for them I am so grateful and will no doubt have a new found respect and gratitude), and I know that it is such a great opportunity for Scott and for us, too, so while I am slightly panicking on the inside, I also know that it will be fine. But, because I will not really want random people to know when he is gone, I am thinking about making the blog private. And, if anyone is wondering why on Earth he would be doing something like this, here is a little info...he is a Geospatial Intelligence Analyst for the Dept. of Defense, he is not military but he works along with the military and goverment. He is not being forced to go or anything like that, but it is great for him career wise and a real blessing for our family. And, he deployed to Africa before we started dating, so he knows what to expect, what sort of opportunities it will bring him (and us), and...that's that! :) Since the blog is public as of now, I am not comfortable saying when he will be leaving and returning, but...he is NOT gone now, we have a large dog, both of our neighbors are cops and they will be keeping an extra eye on things, we are installing a security system AND, I know how to shoot our guns! :) (and, yes...every bit of that is true and not at all a joke!)
*Now, scroll back up to see my little dolls again! :)
- The Utley Crew
- Welcome to our life! :) Our life seems to be a constant 3 ring circus these days, but we have a lot of fun, laugh a lot and enjoy every minute of it (okay...almost every minute-haha!) Scott and I have been married for almost 9 years, and we are the parents of 2 amazing daughters, and another little one on the way. This blog is a way to keep in touch with family and friends. It also serves as a 'year book' of sorts for our family. Enjoy!!