Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Well.....

We are moved. I can't get any pictures on here, because as of now, we have dial-up and I have tried EVERYTHING, and nothing works. I am mad as can be, but getting over it. hahaha! (If anyone knows any tricks to getting pics uploaded with dial-up, let me know!) Hopefully, we will have high-speed again soon.

Moving....well, it pretty much stinks. Hopefully, we won't have to do it again until Scott retires in another 20 yrs. At that point, I told him we should just get rid of everything, buy one of those big RV's and spend our time following the girls to college, traveling, etc. hahaha! But, of all the people I know, Scott and I are the LEAST likely to ever do anything like that.....it's taken us days to adjust to a new house and moving, and we still aren't what I would call THRILLED, so I don't think life on the road would be for us. hahaha!

The New House...it's great. I am having a really hard time with things not being done and where I want them, but it's getting there. I just need a couple of days to tackle this place, but considering the fact that I am having another child in 2 mo., a day or 2 to tackle this house with no interruptions is just not going to happen, hahaha, so we are taking it one box, one room, one mess at a time for now. The major things are done, so that's AWESOME, it's just all the little things. We love the town/neighborhood/etc. Abby was really out of sorts for a few days. One night was really bad, and she whined herself to sleep, telling me she wanted, 'to go home,' 'this isn't our house, I want our old house,' 'I don't want this house!' Talk about heart-breaking, but today for the first time, as we pulled onto our street, she yelled, 'we're home,' just like she always did at the old house. YAY! If moving has been this big of an adjustment, I can only imagine what it will be like when Olivia is born....too bad we don't have an elephant's gestational period, and I could carry her for another year or 2! hahaha!

The Actual Move....was he!!~ Just ask anyone that was helping that day! But, I can not Thank everyone enough. We could not have done it without every single person. We are thinking about getting everyone shirts made that say, 'I Survived the Utley Move 2008!' hahaha! The people that bought our house and their realtors can be summed up in one word....A-HOLES! I really wish they were nice, because we love our old house and we left on such crappy terms because of them. I was really hoping that whoever bought our hosue would love it and enjoy it as much as we have the last 4 yrs. Hopefully, they will!

Anyways, THANK YOU to everyone that helped this past weekend. And, if you couldn't help...don't worry....we still have a fence to build, landscaping to do and a patio to pour!! hahaha! There is still time to get in on the fun!

1 comment:

Wickenkamp Family said...

Annie,
I am glad to hear that you are all adjusting to the new house. We really do miss you guys in the neighborhood. The new people have been here all week working on the house. They are not very socialable. She seems real snooty. I don't do well with snooty. Anyway, if you need help moving things around please call, Richie and I can help move furniture. Also, I wanted to let you know that 2 people that Aimee works with live in Aviston. She is going to talk to them about the highspeed thing. I will let you know as soon as I find something out. Keep in Touch. The kids miss Abby.

About Me

Welcome to our life! :) Our life seems to be a constant 3 ring circus these days, but we have a lot of fun, laugh a lot and enjoy every minute of it (okay...almost every minute-haha!) Scott and I have been married for almost 9 years, and we are the parents of 2 amazing daughters, and another little one on the way. This blog is a way to keep in touch with family and friends. It also serves as a 'year book' of sorts for our family. Enjoy!!